Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Bucket List


Fellow blogger Erin requested a "20 things I would like to do before I die list" so I'm gonna give it a go. I actually had a list like this in high school and I wish I could find it to see how many things on it I have accomplished, I do know that run the Boston Marathon was on it as well as ride in a taxi. I have successfully checked those items off. I guess I better see what I can do with the rest of these:

1. Write and publish a book.
2. Raise a leader dog for the blind.
3. Live off the land, except for bare minimum staples, for a year.
4. Travel to all of the homes that Laura Ingalls Wilder lived in.
5. Visit Africa.
6. Run a marathon in Alaska.
7. Enter a quilt in our county fair.
8. Go on a trip by myself.
9. Raise sheep.
10. Complete a triathlon.
11. Participate in a canoe race.
12. Run an ultra.

I'll have to work on eight more, maybe dig up that old list and see where I stand...

2 comments:

Erin the Librarian said...

Wow. I think an ultra would put me in the grave, or at least curled up on the road in the fetal position begging for water. Let me know if you're heading to Africa, that would be fun!

meredith said...

Wish number two: travel the USA in a motor home.