Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Not Quite Disgusting, But Close

Hershey's had me foiled again this weekend! On Sunday I saw the weekly Target ad and felt my heart rate go up when I saw that there were new Kisses out there and on sale this week. I have been let down by the Hershey company in the past, so terribly that I actually wrote them a letter about how their version of a chocolate truffle Kiss actually tasted like chocolate wrapped around a ball of sand. But this time I was certain they would have the formula right for the latest and greatest Pumpkin Kiss. Like I said, foiled again, in more way than one.

The wrapper is pretty, but that is where it ends.


The color is so nasty that even my first impression was "blah".


The inside didn't help the poor little Kiss.


This poor boy had grand expectations and was equally disappointed.


Try them if you dare! They taste like white chocolate with some type of flavoring dumped in. I'm not quite sure what type of pumpkin related flavor is in them as the words cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and cloves are not in the ingredient list. Another possibly good thing gone bad by the Hershey company.

4 comments:

Mary Stoinski said...

So this is what you've been doing - taste testing and writing reviews - and not working on our stupid, m----- f------- napkins!!!!!

Oh my gosh, Mechelle, that's hilarious. Oliver is cute!

Erin the Librarian said...

Yeah, the truffle kisses were really nasty. I think I'll pass on pumpkin also.

Lisa Greenfelder said...

I'll pass. Thanks for taking one for the team. Cute pictures and presentation.

meredith said...

Why can't a company that has obviously perfected their product just leave it? I get the consumerism and entrepreneurship (I really can't spell that word!)of developing new products, but does the world really need more than that delight of perfection called simply a "Hershey kiss"?