Friday, May 2, 2008

Birthday Gone Good

Instead of having people bring Ollie toys when he turned one, we encouraged them to give him fall planting bulbs for his garden. Each of the kids has their own flower garden and they are very proud of their spaces. This year spring cooperated and his garden has been a beautiful sight.



Ollie just post first birthday thinking that dirt is a bit overrated.



Ollie at one walking away from his prepared garden.




We made him a stepping stone.



Two and a half years later and the gifts are still giving.

3 comments:

Alissa said...

Aw!

Erin the Librarian said...

I wish I had thought of this! I would much rather have flowers than have to pick up toys...umm, I mean I am sure Peyton would rather have tulips than JD tractors.

Anonymous said...

great idea!!
www.pepperpaints.com