Sunday, May 6, 2007

Yeah for toast!

It is a beautiful day and I have no business being inside but I did a long run today and I feel ever so vigorous about life right now. A long run will do that to a person. If the long run is long and I finish feeling as though I could do another 5 miles then nothing can go wrong the rest of the day. The past 2 long runs have been especially motivating and I think it is because I have eaten a piece of buttered toast in addition to my daily banana before running. Of course I am still chewing my Shot Bloks every 30-40 minutes while on the road but that single piece of toast is really doing the trick. Before I added toast to my Sunday routine I would feel shaky by 4 miles and want to eat all my Shot Bloks at once, never a good idea. Yeah for toast!

The toddler is sleeping and yesterday we found some animal bones under a fallen stump so the big kids are excavating to find more. They will be busy for hours! Makes me consider skinning some road kill and burying it every few weeks just to keep the kiddies busy and entertained. Although, I am as hopeful as them that the skull shows up and we get an idea as to what type of animal it is. When I first found a few of the bones there was an old metal file with a wooden handle in the same area and I was already creating our own little mystery about someone who killed someone and buried the murder weapon with the body. Instead it appears that one day when Diezel came home from farming he claimed the filein the field and then hid it under the stump so no one else could have it and he could play with it later. That's my Diezel-part boy, part squirrel. Part lots of other things too but I'll save that for another day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skinning roadkill? Now that's a woman who's desperate for a few moments of peace!

Mechelle said...

Desperate? It is beyond desperate at this point. But someday I will be all alone with just my dog for comfort, ah...