Tuesday, August 25, 2009

No Fashion Diva

I wear what is comfortable, always. Because if I don't I feel as if my skin is screaming at me. Usually this isn't a problem, we don't go anywhere fancy and I don't feel as though I need to dress well to take the children out and about, but today I'm being interviewed, about running, thank goodness. I can confidently wear running attire and be at ease at the same time. I just couldn't decide which race to promote by wearing "their" t-shirt.

When I first found out about the opportunity I immediately envisioned myself in the new sleek Legend t-shirt I earned in August, I could even slyly drink some coffee during the interview out of the mug I won. The Legend is one of my favorite runs of all time, the course, the people, the post-race giant muffins. They deserve a bit of publicity but then I wondered if too many people found about it the atmosphere next year might be ruined by torrents of road racers coming to steal my mug away from me!


Then I felt guilty, I should promote my local town and their race, Chesaning needs all the help it can get, but the shirts are cheap (although nicely designed) and my tattoos are fully visible underneath the material. I wasn't looking to promote "biker trash" running so I tossed that plan aside. And really, I meant to contact someone about this last year, runners would much rather pay a few extra dollars for a quality t-shirt that they can wear as opposed to something that needs to be layered. We don't ask for much: good course, mile markers with splits, decent t-shirts and edible post-race food.


The final possibilty was this past weekend's Crim shirt. There is nothing to not like about this race except the lack of available restrooms for those pre-race jitters. The Crim is a community event as is evident by the hordes of people that come out in suport of Flint and the runners that make this race the show that it is. My shirt is special this year with autographs from Joan Benoit Samuelson and Anne Audain. I'm wearing it as I type and I'll be sporting it as I talk about my committment to fitness and the sport of running.

2 comments:

Erin the Librarian said...

Good choice, although I really like the purple.

Mary Stoinski said...

Were you talking about ME when you mentioned the possible theft of your precious Legend cup?